Friday, September 25, 2009

The post I promised

Hello All,

As I promised on Facebook, I have a Blog. Unfortunately, it will be a short first post. I am on FOB Grizzly located in Asraf, Iraq. No, this doesn't violate OPSEC, and men in black suites will not be asking you my whereabouts. This place is small, yet comfortable. I keep busy by helping soldiers with college courses, talking to them about being homesick and how to deal with it, eating, running, going to the gym, and sleeping. I know.......life of the party right? It's not much, but if I try not to think about it and completely dive into keeping myself busy, I don't notice the hours and days that seem to drift by like mollasses in the winter. The one greatful thing about the lack of constant fighting is that nobody here is getting hurt. I am very thankful for that and hope it stays that way. I hope to not have to fire a single round this entire deployment. Wouldn't that be awesome. I have many things to updat you all on, but I am short on time due to having to get something to eat before the chow hall closes. I want to thank all of my friends and family, and your friends and family for your support.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment